Thursday 31 January 2013

World Day of Prayer for Consecrated Life

This Sunday is the World Day of Prayer for Consecrated Life. I think the Consecrated Life is awesome and I've had the great blessing to have met many men and women who have given their lives in service to the Church and to the people of God.

Due to my work in youth ministry I've mostly been involved with those Consecrated working in education: Marist Brothers, Josephites, Mercy Sisters, the list goes on. It always struck me how generous these men and women have been with their lives.

Consecrated Life is often the forgotten vocation. Let's not forget about these men and women who have served God and the community is such a selfless way.

This Sunday let's pray that God blesses our Consecrated brothers and sisters and the many groups doing the Lord's work.


No comments:

Post a Comment