Wednesday 27 November 2013

Evangelii Gaudium

Pope Francis released his first Apostolic Exhortation Evangelii Gaudium today. Evangelii Gaudium means "the Joy of the Gospel". The inter-webs have been flooded with blogs, tweets and Facebook statuses quoting lines and paragraphs. Of course, I had to contribute my two cents worth! 


My favourite paragraph comes early in the document (admittedly I'm still working my way through it!):
22. God’s word is unpredictable in its power. The Gospel speaks of a seed which, once sown, grows by itself, even as the farmer sleeps (Mk 4:26-29). The Church has to accept this unruly freedom of the word, which accomplishes what it wills in ways that surpass our calculations and ways of thinking.
I dare you to check out the Pope's Exhortation, even if you just skim it. Here's the link: http://vatican.va/holy_father/francesco/apost_exhortations/documents/papa-francesco_esortazione-ap_20131124_evangelii-gaudium_en.html. If you have read it, I encourage you to leave a comment with your thoughts or your favourite line/paragraph.

Be joyous, be hopeful and be faith-filled: God's got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment